*** Registration opens Spring 2024 ***
The Everest Fall Showdown is a Fall Mite tournament which players sign up individually and then are assigned to teams. The teams are drafted to be as equal as possible based on the information collected for each player. Team rosters will be posted at least one week before the tournament.
2016-2018 Birth years, or if younger than 2018, must be registering for Mite play during the 24/25 season.
2016-2018 Birth year. Must have own equipment and will be playing fulltime goalie for the tournament
Jerseys are provided and yours to keep. Included with registration.
4 games guaranteed.
Game Point System
2 Points awarded for a win
1 Point awarded for a tie
0 Points awarded for a loss
1st Tie Breaker will be Head to Head game result
2nd Tie Breaker will be the teams goal differential for games
3rd Tie Breaker will be most goals scored
4th Tie Breaker will be best 2 out of 3 Paper, Rock Scissors, between teams
1. Teams will consist of 8 players and will have 4 players per shift. Line changes will occur every 90 seconds. Goalies will switch teams/sides after the 1st period.
2. Games are played cross-ice with a black puck and intermediate nets.
3. Games will consist of 2, 12 minute periods. There will be a 1 minute break between the periods. The clock will stop for injury, or if the ref deems it necessary.
4. Periods will be started with a puck drop and face off
5. At Line changes, skaters are required to pass behind their net or around center ice (depending where their bench is) prior to engaging in gameplay.
6. When a goal is scored, gameplay will resume with a faceoff at center ice
7. If a penalty is called on a player, the player must return to the bench for the duration of that shift, and remain there for 1 shift. A player may replace that player for the current shift, and remain on the ice for the next shift.
8. No slap shots allowed.
9. When the goalie freezes the puck resulting in a stoppage in play, possession will be awarded to the defensive team. The offensive team, must return to center ice prior to reengaging the puck.
10. No checking is allowed.
11. Zero tolerance will be strictly enforced. Any player, or coach that demonstrates poor sportsmanship (fighting, vulgarity, etc.) will result in an individual’s removal from the game. A second offense will result in the offender being disqualified from the tournament. Any spectator that demonstrates poor sportsmanship (arguing, yelling, taunting etc. of any player, coach, or ref) will be required to leave the facility.
12. Equipment will be standard black pucks and intermediate nets.
13. A Minimum of 4 Games are guaranteed.
14. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for Teams and Goalies
Coaches and players –
Know the rules of the tournament. The decision of the on ice official is final.
The Everest Fall Showdown is a Mite tournament which players sign up individually and then are assigned to teams.
The teams are drafted to be as equal as possible based on the information collected for each player.
Team rosters will be posted at least one week before the tournament.